So, you’ve heard about blogging and you want to get in on the action. Fantastic! The problem is you haven’t the faintest idea where to start. Hey, we all know that feeling! Don’t let that stop you. Let’s just tackle it step-by-step and soon you will be blogging away happily.
Free blogging is possible, and it is a great way to start and get your feet wet. Blogging has the potential of earning you money so make the leap and see how you go. Here’s how to get started.
Steps to create your blog:
- First and foremost, you need to select your blogging platform. A blogging platform is software where you can build your blog. The biggest is WordPress and quite honestly, it’s just the best. Seriously. It’s easy to use, has countless plugins and add-ons and a gazillion themes and layouts. Your blog will look amazing. You will also be able to upgrade later to a paying option which will open up even more possibilities.
- Open up WordPress and click the nice big orange button that says Start your blog and let the journey begin. Complete all the required fields and Create your Account.
- Select Blog
- What do you want to write about? What’s your passion? We want to hear about it. Enter your topic or you can choose from the given list.
- Choose a snazzy name for your blog – one that is relevant to the content you will be writing about. Hit Continue.
- It’s time to choose your address. Choose a name that speaks about what you will be writing about so that interested people will be able to find you.
- This is where you choose FREE!
- Choose Start with a free site. As you can see, there are a variety of paying options which you can consider later on should you want to upgrade.
- Congratulations! You officially have a blog site.
- This is your dashboard where you will manage your site. Click around and get to know all that WordPress has to offer you and be adventurous.
- Don’t forget to confirm your email address by responding to the email WordPress will send to your inbox. They will then send you a welcome email and some useful information to get you started.
With all these steps under your belt it is now time to make your mark on the blogging world. Be creative, be bold, let your voice be heard. There are a lot of people out there just waiting to hear from you.
Until next time…happy blogging.