We all feel the buzz of social media wherever we go. People are totally engrossed with their phones – sharing, liking, posting, messaging… Basically, it all boils down to one word – COMMUNICATION.
Your business needs to get in on the action and yes, you know that. You need a Facebook business page and you need it now so that your business can enter the conversation and reach your customers.
In order to have a productive business page you will need a Facebook personal profile page to which the business page will be attached.
How to create a personal profile on Facebook
This is very easy and quick.
- Head to Facebook’s new account creation page.
- Enter your details in the required fields – name, email address, password, birthday, and gender.
- Click the green Sign Up button and that’s it, welcome to the world of Facebook!
- Facebook will send you a verification email to confirm your account. Click on the link to activate your account.
- Now you can add a profile pic, find friends and tweak your privacy settings.
How to create a Facebook business page
With your personal profile page under your belt, we can now dive into creating a business page. The business page is created from your personal account.
- Log in to your Facebook personal profile page.
- Click on the Create button and select the Page option.
- There are two categories presented to you. Community or public figure is more for those who are interested in creating a community group around a common interest. If you, however, are a business wanting to reach out to more customers, then choose Business or Brand and click on the Get Started button.
- Enter your page name. This will most likely be the actual name of your business. Then go on and choose the Category which best describes your business. Awesome! Hit Continue.
- Next you will be prompted to:
- upload a Profile Picture – most businesses use their logo.
- Upload a Cover Photo – choose an image that is eye-catching and represents your business.
You’re almost done!
- This is a very important step. Select the About option in the left column in order to add all your business details. Fill this out as thoroughly as possible as this may be your potential customers first introduction to your business.
- And finally… Add a Button to your business page. This is your call-to-action which has the potential to generate leads and boost sales. Click on the button and choose the relevant action that you would like the visitors to your page to perform.
Well done, your Facebook business page is up and running. Keep it abuzz with good content and you will enjoy ongoing engagement with your audience. And remember to have fun!
Until next time….