After Facebook purchased Instagram, the two power-house platforms were optimised to work hand-in-hand. Here we’ll show you how to connect your favourite social media apps, step-by-step.
But why would I want to do that? We’re glad you asked!
- Post to your feed and to your Story at the same time (we’ll also show you how to set that up in this blog).
- Gain more options and control of your Instagram Ads by setting them up in Facebook.
- Receive Instagram notifications and DMs in Facebook, and respond to all notifications at once.
- Reach more users – once you’ve connected the two, more users will see your account under their Suggested Followers.
- And much more…
Convinced? Let’s dive right in!
How to Connect Facebook and Instagram
- Head to your Facebook Profile and click on Settings on the top right of your screen.
- Then on the bottom left, click on Instagram.
- Here you can enter in all your Instagram account information, like we did 😊.
- Once you’ve entered all your information, click the Connect button at the bottom of the page
All done! If you prefer to use Facebook on your phone, keep reading!
- Open the Facebook app and navigate to your Profile. Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner.
- Select Edit Page.
- Click Settings.
- Then Instagram.
- Fill in your Instagram account details, click the Connect button, and voilà! You’ve connected your two social media accounts.
Now that your accounts are connected, you can automatically share to Stories as well.
How to Share Your Instagram Story to Facebook
- Start by posting a Story to your Instagram.
- Once it’s up, view your Story and click the 3 dots or More in the bottom right corner.
- Select Story Settings.
- Click Share Your Story to Facebook.
- You will now be able to automatically cross-post your Instagram stories to Facebook. Next time you post a story, you will see both Facebook and Instagram’s icons in the bottom left corner – all ready for cross posting!
We hope you enjoy the benefits! Until next time 😊.